One of the best things about visiting Italy is the Italian cuisine, and rest assured you can find many of your Italian favorites on the Island of Capri. You will have no problem filling your stay in Anacapri with Italian delights, and even some unique specifically to Capri. Of course, with almost 50 different restaurants to choose from you do not have to eat Italian cuisine everyday of your visit to Anacapri, but there is so much variety that you could and still never eat even one dish repeatedly. Both fine dining and casual dining establishments are plentiful throughout the island, so you will surely find something that suits you whether you are looking to make a night out of your dining experience or you are just looking for a quick bite to eat.
If you are staying in Anacapri then you will be delighted to know that you can find whatever you want without even having to go into Capri. With a good guide as to where to find the best eats, you can take the guess work out of choosing and get down to the good part, which is the actually eating. There are a few specific spots at which visitors can find a wide range of culinary delights and enjoy a real Italian dining experience in Anacapri
Being that Capri island has that laid back island atmosphere many visitors opt for a more casual dining experience during their stay in Anacapri. Luckily for them there are plenty of options in Anacapri, and although the atmosphere may be laid back and casual it is anything but a casual experience. Some of the more casual culinary delights you might look for on the Island of Capri include the insalata caprese (which consists of a salad made from extra virgin olive oil, basil, tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese), the Panini (which are grilled sandwiches that come in a wide variety of flavors from establishment to establishment), and of course pizza (which is unlike any that you will get anywhere outside of Italy and which also varies in flavors from one place to the next). These are just a few of the more casual favorites that you can find at one of the many more casual restaurants in Anacapri.
● Great Casual Dining Spots in Anacapri –
- Columbus – This is a smaller establishment with a more casual feel located right in Anacapri. Columbus serves a lighter menu as well as drinks, perfect for a casual experience.
- Il Giardino – Il Giardino has a casual atmosphere, with terrace and veranda seating so guests can take in the sights of Anacapri. The menu is Mediterranean, with many simply made local dishes ideal for the real Capri dining experience.
- Gradola – This is about as casual as it gets in Anacapri. Gradola is a seaside restaurant that serves some of the best fish dishes on all of Capri. The outdoor seating makes it an especially casual place to eat.
- TerraMMare Ristorante – For a more casual dining experience and more home cooked like food you can visit the TerraMMare Ristorante. This is a countryside restaurant with outdoor seating and anything but a casual view of Capri.
- Pizzeria Aumm Aumm – Pizza may be a more casual meal but that does not mean it has to be boring, which is why Pizzeria Aumm Aumm offers 30 different kinds of this Italian treat. Other casual dishes are also available, and the atmosphere is casual as well.
Many people like to enjoy a more fine dining experience during their vacation, and this is particularly true for visitors to Italy. Since Italy is so well-known for their delicious cuisine, it only makes sense for there to be a number of establishments catering to more expensive tastes in Anacapri. Rest assured, even in these more elegant restaurants you can still enjoy the laid back atmosphere of the Island of Capri, but the offerings will be anything but ordinary and definitely a treat. Some of the more elegant dishes that you might look for while dining fine in Anacapri include risotto (which is a rice dish that can be flavored many different ways), ravioli caprese (a dish flavored with olive oil, lemon zest, and fresh basil leaves), and a variety of seafood dishes (with fresh seafood caught in the nearby sea). In order to truly grasp all that is offered in the fabulous fine dining restaurants in Anacapri you will obviously have to wait and see, but it doesn’t hurt to get a head start by learning a little more about the restaurants in Anacapri.
● Great Fine Dining Spots in Capri –
- Lido del Faro – Serving a Mediterranean style menu amidst a beautiful island scene, Lido del Faro is one of the best restaurants in Anacapri for fine dining cuisine. And many of the menu items will definitely make you feel like you are in Italy.
- L’Olivo – Visit L’Olivo for some of the most elegant dishes you will find in Anacapri. With the elegant atmosphere and dishes containing some of the best local seafood you will definitely not forget that you are in Italy.
- Materita – Materita serves a wide variety of local dishes, many containing local seafood. The atmosphere itself is elegance personified but the menu offers a little something for everyone, even those looking for more casual eats.
- Le Arcate – Although the atmosphere is a bit more casual than some of the other fine dining restaurants in Anacapri, the dishes are exquisite local specialties. For those visitors that like seafood this is the place to eat when staying in Anacapri.
- La Terrazza di Lucullo – Not only can guest of La Terrazza di Lucullo enjoy elegant seating both inside and out, but the elegant dishes are prepared with some of the best seasonal local ingredients. This five-star restaurant in a five-star hotel are about as elegant as it gets in Anacapri.
There are no doubt many choices when it comes to enjoying Anacapri cuisine. Choosing which restaurants you dine in will not be easy, but one thing is for sure and that is that you will get an authentic Mediterranean meal regardless of where you decide to eat.