It goes without saying that Italy is one of the most romantic countries on the planet, regardless of which city, town, or village you are talking about. But there is something especially romantic about Anacapri, Italy. Along with the classic Italian charm that Italy is known for you also get a more secluded feeling, with a little twist of an island feel.
Anacapri is a small town on the Island of Capri, but its offerings in the way of romantic excursions are far from small at all. The hotels and resorts on the island are fabulous and offer their own take on romance, and you have plenty of options if your typical hotel is not what you are looking for. You can choose to stay in one of a number of more peaceful bed and breakfast establishments, you can choose to stay in a villa style hotel, or you can even rent your own vacation home if you are really hoping for you and your loved one to be alone.
The restaurants are anything but ordinary in Anacapri, and offer the romantic ambiance that Italian restaurants are so well-known for throughout Italy. And in such a small town you wouldn’t think that you have many choices in five-star places to eat but there are actually a dozen different fabulous restaurants to choose from, all of them offering something unique.
To truly determine how romantic your getaway in Anacapri Italy can be, though, you will want to know exactly what you can do as far as activities. And you might be surprised to find out that anything you do on the island speaks the romance you expect to find in Italy. There are five things that you can do in particular when you are visiting Anacapri that are especially romantic. And you can go anywhere else and not find activities quite as unique as these.
- Have Dinner Alfresco at One of the Fine Restaurants in Anacapri – What can be more romantic than enjoying a dinner alfresco in Italy? There are a number of excellent restaurants in Anacapri that have outdoor seating, and it is not your typical picnic table seating that you may be used to seeing when restaurants serve outdoors. These restaurants tend to have beautiful settings, with lights and candles and all of the other bells and whistles. Dinner and drinks in this type of atmosphere is the best way to set the mood for a long romantic evening.
- Visit One of the Other Italian Towns Close to Anacapri – It doesn’t get much more romantic than Anacapri, unless of course you take off on a boat to see even more of Italy. There are a number of other towns that are within close proximity, each having something to offer that you may not find in Anacapri. You can easily spend a day in Naples, Pompei, the Amalfi Coast, or even Sorrento. And after spending the day in one of the busier spots in Italy you will be even happier when you get back to the more peaceful Anacapri.
- Take a Romantic Boat Ride Around the Island – If you are not sure if you want to take a romantic journey away from the island then you may want to consider a romantic boat ride around the perimeter of the Island of Capri. There are many options in regards to the type of boat you charter and what things along the way you will stop off to see. You can even rent a boat yourself and make the journey if you know what you are doing and can make the journey safely.
- Watch the Sunset from the Beach – One thing that Anacapri has are plenty of beaches, and any one of them would be a wonderfully romantic place from which to watch the sunset from. One beach in particular though, the one located at Faro di Punta Carena, offers a special view of the sunset that anyone would have to appreciate. This area of the island gets the most sun throughout the day, and the sunset at the end of the day is much more colorful and viewable than anywhere else on the Island of Capri.
- Dine Beneath Lemon Trees – Last but not least, a romantic experience that you will be hard-pressed to find anywhere else, is dining under lemon trees. To do this you will have to take a short trip to Capri to visit the da Paolino restaurant, but the trip will be well worth your time because it is not often that you get to have such an experience. Not only is the food fabulous too, but you can smell the scent of the lemon trees as you enjoy your food. This is truly a romantic way to set the mood.
Anacapri is a place so romantic that you hardly have to do anything other than check into your hotel and enjoy the view. With so much to offer from such a small island town, though, it only makes sense to enjoy all that it has to offer. You can start here but don’t be afraid to take charge and be creative and come up with your own ways in Anacapri to set a romantic mood.